As a Senior IOT Solutions Architect, I’m helping to improve manufacturing intelligence and grow the Internet of enabled Things by integrating factory floor architectures (both old and new) into the Cloud.
Part of a group of proven, experienced engineers who have a passion for using and evolving technical IoT and M2M (machine-to-machine) solutions.
- Ensure processes are centered, capable and in control; reduce process variations.
- Support strategic initiatives involving process control systems
- Provide leadership in the implementation and support of plant automation, electrical and database systems
- Assist development of manufacturing business plans
- Determine new innovative technologies to enhance current systems
- Draft and manage capital expenditures for continuous improvement and process expansion.
- Support all levels of definition, design, engineering, execution and commissioning of systems integration projects in a team engineering environment
- Manage all aspects of project lifecycle: customer kickoff, resource/budget management, project closeout
- Maintain detailed project status briefs: schedule, resources, budget and invoicing status
- Manage and coordinate efforts with subcontractors and partner firms
- Effectively fulfill roles of project manager, lead engineer and/or support engineer on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Design and develop multi-vendor automation & MES systems
- Support manufacturing production systems on an as-needed (emergency) basis
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives: 5S, Kaizen, Six Sigma
- Provide technical support & leadership to Process Engineers, Technicians & Mechanics
- Acquire bids, schedule contractors and monitor/validate work by contractors and vendors
- Maintain existing systems through identifying weaknesses/obsolescence, hardware and software upgrades and system backups/PMs
Continuing education in the FactoryTalk Suite of Information and Automation products
Software programming Suite
- National Electric Code
- Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- National Fire Alarm Code
- Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery
HMI/SCADARockwell Automation FactoryTalk View Siemens WinCC Wonderware GE Proficy Cimplicity
Information SoftwareGE Proficy Historian FactoryTalk Historian (Pi) FactoryTalk Asset Centre Rockwell RSSQL (Transaction Manager) Wonderware Historian
PLC/PACRockwell Software ControlLogix Siemens Step7 Modicon